All large deliveries of furniture, equipment, or material should be scheduled with the Building Management Office.
Deliveries to and from the Premises shall be made only at the times, in the areas, and through the entrances and exits reasonably designated by Landlord. Tenant shall not make deliveries to or from the Premises in a manner that might interfere with the use by any other tenant of its premises or of the Common Areas, any pedestrian use, or any use, which is inconsistent with good business practice.
Hours and Access
The loading dock area or delivery entrance is located on the 7th Street side of the building and is easily accessible from 7th Street and L Street. Please have all deliveries made through the loading dock. To avoid delays, we have found it helpful to notify vendors of loading dock procedures in advance.
- All deliveries must be scheduled through the Building Management Office at 916 498 6215.
- Freight elevator access available with pre-scheduled request for no-hand carried deliveries.
- Two and four wheel dollies, carts, and conveyors may not be taken in the passenger elevators and will not be allowed in the Lobby. Only hand-held packages may be transported in passenger elevators during normal business hours.
- 30-minute parking available with pre-scheduled request, as available.
Tenants requiring the use of four-wheeled carts for their mail deliveries must use the freight elevator.
Schedule preferably before 7:00 a.m. All major deliveries must be scheduled with the Shorenstein Management Office 24 hours in advance. For office move in or out information, please see section 7 for more details. Note: The dock cannot admit trucks over 12 feet 5 inches high and 26 feet long.
Policies and Procedures: Dock and Freight Elevator Requirements
The following dock and freight elevator rules must be adhered to by all companies accessing our property. Our staff will ask any company that can’t abide by these rules to leave the property.
- The dock cannot admit trucks over 12 feet 5” high. Access to the dock is off 7th Street between L Street and Capitol Mall right left as indicated by a sign that reads "U.S. Bank Tower Loading Dock”. Due to the limited number of parking spaces, the dock is only used for loading and unloading. Please make sure your team understands these spaces can’t be used as a place to simply park a vehicle for the day.
- If you require dock access, it should be scheduled in advance through the Building Management Office. To obtain dock clearance, the company you are doing work for must call our office and have you placed on our daily clearance list. All loading and unloading for major moves must be scheduled with the Building Management Office.
- Work commencing after hours requires the lead person to check in with our lobby attendants upon arrival and departure of the U.S. Bank Tower. The company must provide the name of the lead person on the crew and a telephone number.
- Access to the office tower is limited to the freight elevator. THE FREIGHT ELEVATOR IS NEVER RESERVED FOR EXCLUSIVE USE. It must be shared with other parties as needed. If multiple moves are scheduled, we will work with the different companies involved have a schedule in place allowing everyone to complete their project as quickly as possible.
- You must leave room for others to get on and off the elevator as needed. If multiple parties are using the freight elevator, you cannot take up more than 1/2 of the freight elevator at any given time. In the evenings Monday through Friday you will be sharing the freight elevator with our janitorial crew.
- The freight elevator should never be held for extended periods of time. All items that need to be relocated should be near the freight elevator and ready to be loaded when the elevator is called to your floor.
- Construction and moving companies must place Masonite on the floor from the freight elevator to the tenant space. The Masonite will remain on the floor until the project is complete. Please use masking tape to secure the Masonite and eliminate tripping hazards. In addition, care should be exercised to ensure all walls and corners are protected.
We invite you to learn how to implement your own emergency preparedness plans by using the resources from our PREP website.
LIFE SAFETY & SECURITY
Become familiar with the life safety information specific to your building and location. Sign in to Allied Universal to view the multimedia presentation that will help you in a crisis event.